The institution has a transparent admission process which is strictly done as per the norms laid down by NCTE Act 1993 (NCTE Official Website – www.ncte.gov.in ). The admission to B.Ed. course in this college is in accordance with the centralized procedure conducted by Guru Nanak Dev University- Amritsar, Punjabi University-Patiala and Punjab University-Chandigarh in rotation on the behalf of Punjab Government.
• Students are selected for admission on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
• Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree or any other qualification declared equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to B. Ed. programme.
• The reservation for SC/ST/OBC category candidates and other categories is as per the rules of the State Government. SC/ST/OBC category candidates require 45% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree or any other qualification declared equivalent thereto, for admission to B. Ed. programme.
• The information regarding date of submission of online application is provided on the Website of Host University and also through an advertisement published in at least two leading newspapers of the state.
• After online registration and choice filling, the provisional merit list is declared. Students’ complaints are attended for a day before revising final merit list and allotment of seats to the candidates.
• Detailed information about the subject combination and category wise distribution is conveyed to the host University before the start of counseling process.
• 85% seats are reserved for the candidates from within the state and 15% seats are open for candidates of other states/UTs on all India basis.